The truth is everyone has what it takes to succeed; you have the ability to create and complete your goals which will, in turn, give you happiness and success over and above anything else. However, it is impossible to reach a goal when you don’t have one!
Why don’t we set goals and conquer them? What holds us back?
To believe in yourself to conquer the desired goal is the starting point of success, this occurs when you know exactly what you want in all areas of your life.
Here’s the big question, ‘If so many people have a desire for winning and everyone can achieve this success in their life why do only a small portion of the masses succeed?’
The Answer is you must believe in yourself.
Only a few people truly believe in their potential and ever set goals believing they will achieve it.
Here’s the deal – belief is a state of mind it comes from within, it’s when you know you can do something or something will happen it’s NOT wishing or hoping it’s actually knowing that by faith the thing you want will happen.
We all go through difficult times, but the wisdom here is that difficult times are experiences that define and shape who we are and teach us important lessons in life. The voice that you hear telling you “you’re not good enough to succeed” is fear, therefore you must believe in yourself to overcome fear in order to get where you want to go.
According to experts, babies are born with 2 fears – fear of falling and fear of loud noises. So ALL of our fears have been developed along the way and shaped by our experiences.
As the mind shapes your fear, it also shapes your thoughts and actions.
Whatever you believe in your mind you will attract those circumstances. So if you believe you have difficult relationships you will attract to yourself individuals that cause difficult relationships. Whether or not you believe this, it’s true.
6 Steps to Overcome fear and believe in yourself
- Your belief should be strong and bigger than your fear, what is it that is holding you back? Face your fear and move forward. Facing your fear is the only way to get rid them.
- Believe in yourself and your strengths. Sometimes our circumstances hold us back but you have the power to change your circumstances by what you believe, no one else can do this for you.
- Success takes time if things do not go to plan so hold your belief, reassess your goals and keep moving forward.
- When fear comes to ‘haunt’ you look at it, feel it, tell fear everything will be ok. Welcome the fear, give it some love and then kiss it goodbye.
- Stay relaxed take some deep breaths and see past the fear barrier. Because Fear is an invisible barrier that you can step through.
- Pep talks – in Think and Grow Rich Napoleon Hill calls this the self-confidence formula which is basically reinforcing you to grow in confidence and succeed by reading this statement daily.
When you believe in yourself about where you are heading in life, you have great power and this will affect your thoughts, feelings and actions. You can start Believing in yourself NOW.
A great way to begin is to look in the mirror and begin telling yourself how great you really are!
Any thoughts? Leave a comment below 🙂